Faith in Our Future Update
As you are aware, the Diocese of Trenton has undertaken “Faith in Our Future,” a Diocesan-wide study to use clergy and resources smartly. Cohort 3 is comprised of Holy Eucharist in Tabernacle, St. Isaac Jogues and St. Joan of Arc in Marlton, St. John Neumann in Mt. Laurel and St. Mary of the Lakes. Pastors and lay representatives from each parish have met several times and submitted preliminary recommendations to the Diocese which were favorably received. Their recent response asks our cohort to:
- Develop an electronic medium (cohort extranet) to share information (schedules, directories, marketing information)
- Develop lay ministry leadership to help recruiting, training, sharing of best practices
- Work on more youth involvement in ministries
- Consider eventual unlinking of St. Isaac Jogues and St. John Neumann (these two parishes currently share a pastor in Father Pfleger)
- Consider collaboration with the established Hispanic ministry in Mt. Holly
- Explore more flexibility in PREP program concerning where the family is registered and consider sharing resources
- Target evangelization and marketing strategies
- Consider sharing more ministries, especially with St. John Neumann
- Consider combining into one (or two) collaborative Youth/Young Adult Ministry initiatives with a shared Youth Minister
- Explore marketing strategies for St. Mary of the Lakes School and St. Joan of Arc School, as well as all PREP programs
Father Dan is the chair of Cohort 3, which will meet at St. Mary of the Lakes on August 17th, to discuss the Diocesan recommendations. Please continue to keep this process in your prayers and look for updates in the bulletin and on our parish website (smlparish.org).
Daily Mass Schedule for July/August
Father Carlos will take his vacation from August 7th through August 22nd. While he is away, the daily Mass schedule will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7:15 a.m. and Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 9:00 a.m. Please mark your calendars or note it in your iPhones.
“Help one another. This is what Jesus teaches us.” When Pope Francis spoke these words, he was addressing all of us. One way you can help our parish is by volunteering for the Religious Education Program. Parents and grandparents, college students and retirees, teachers and those without any formal teaching experience – all are encouraged to help instruct our children in our faith.
Catechists, assistants needed for the following:
Tuesday 4:15–5:30: Grades 3, 4, 6
Wednesday 4:15–5:30: Grades 1, 3, 4, 6
Hall monitors, substitute catechists, classroom assistants, and office help for afternoon and Tuesday evening classes (7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) are also needed.
Registration for PREP is ongoing for Grades 1-8. Forms were mailed in early June and are under PREP on this website.
Vacation Bible School
Space is still available for Vacation Bible School, August 1st through 5th. Click on PREP above for further information, email email@example.com, or call (609) 654-2546, Ext. 310.
Save the Date!